Monday, November 10, 2008

On This Day


The following post digresses from my usual "cont-rol" of foul language. I normally try to make this page family friendly, but today is special. On this day, in the year of our Lord, 1775... A group of patriotic miscreants gathered in the halls of a beer garden, Tunn Tavern, to be exact ("Phillie".PA.) These brave men drank beer, and formed what would become the preeminent force of our future military presence.... The United States Marine Corps. Please join me in a toast to my brothers and sisters... past, present, and future. Happy Birthday, USMC.!
Mrs. America, and I will dine on the traditional meal, "surf and turf" (and beer). In an homage to the Amphibious nature of my "kin", I will eat, drink heavily, and salute Chesty Puller. Thank you for your solemn respect during this stage of necessary drunkenness! OOOH-Fucking-Rah!
Semper fi, The Cap.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Veteran's Day, Cap.
Thank you for your service.
God Bless the Marines.
God Bless the Armed Forces of the United States.
God Bless the USA, still a shining city on a hill and humanity's best hope.